Dr. Barbara Coffee was born and raised in Europe. She speaks several languages and is very culturally aware. Although a practicing Christian, Barbara has a deep respect for all religions and alternative lifestyle choices. She sees her profession as a calling and truly loves what she does. Her education represents a continuing quest to be able to offer her clients the newest and most effective methods available to make the changes in their life that they want.
Her passion for helping people has grown out of personally witnessing suffering and successfully navigating her own life challenges. Compassion has come from having “been there” and learning ways to get through and thrive.
Barbara’s clients call her sincere and down-to-earth. She excels at using her training and expertise in an easy-to-understand way to provide excellent, effective tools for her clients’ success.
Her educational background includes:
- BA in Business and Languages (German, French, Spanish, Greek)
- MA in Counseling
- LMFT (Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, also previously LMHC – Mental Health Counselor)
- PH.D. (Doctorate in Marriage & Family Therapy)
Her professional affiliations include:
- Central Florida Marriage & Family Therapists Association
- International Trauma Association
- American Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
Specialized fields of study:
- Counseling military families & veterans
- Child abuse treatment & prevention
- Proven relationship counseling techniques
- Family therapy
- Blended families
- Singles/dating coaching
- Health & wellness